FORMS for each of your students must be updated online in PowerSchool every school year. When in PowerSchool, the FORMS will be found on the left side column. If using the PowerSchool APP, the FORMS will be found using the 3 dots.
FORMS will include updating your address, free/reduced lunch applications (23-24 Updated Info on the MPS website under Food Service), transportation requests and updates, emergency contact/pick up information, and permission forms. These FORMS will be available in PowerSchool after August 1st. Chromebooks will be issued during Seminar class, ONLY if parents have completed FORMS in PowerSchool (Address verification must be uploaded if you change your address i.e. Driver’s license, current utility bills, mortgage/lease agreement with a parent/guardian name, and current address.) We will have computers available these days if you need to do this at MMS.
7:40AM - 2:30PM
Half Day Dismissal 10:50AM
2023-2024 MMS Back to School Registration & Check-in Information
Tuesday, August 15, 2023 (MMS)
6th - 8th Grade Registration
(7th & 8th grade teachers and classrooms may not be available.)
11:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. AND 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 16, 2023 (MMS)
6th Grade and New Student Registration
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
*This will be our orientation/Open House for 6th graders. Teachers and classrooms are available.
(7th & 8th graders that could not make Tuesday are welcome.
Teachers and classrooms are not available.)
Monday, August 14 and Thursday, August 17, 2023
6th - 8th Grade Registration
at Marshall Opportunity High School
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
*Powerschool help with forms. Music Dept, Pictures and schedules will NOT be available.
At MMS registration we will have the following stations for you to stop at:
- Prater Studio - all students will need a picture taken for School ID’s and the yearbook. Picture packets will be available both days at MMS and can be purchased in person or on-line. You may also pre-order on their website. Picture retake day is August 28th.
- Medication drop off -(1 form for each medication including over-the-counter meds.) Medication Administration Authorization forms must be signed by your doctor. Also, 7th graders have an additional vaccine due.
- 6th Grade Camp information/payment
- Book Deposit ($2.00 per year)/LRC (fines/fees on books and chromebooks)
- Athletics - Volleyball and Cross Country sign-up. Someone can help with FinalForms.
**Athletes for 2023-2024 should get a physical exam and register for/update FinalForms. FinalForms and an MHSAA Physical form are mandatory for ALL athletes in EVERY Sport.
Music teachers (and instrument rental)
Other information available during Registration days:
- Yearbook Sales (email@example.com)
- Both Marshall and Albion District Libraries
- MCCU in Schools
- Supply lists for all grades (link will update when we have the 6th-8th supply lists)
- PCO (Parent Council Organization)
We use ParentSquare for all our school-to-home communication. If you are a Parent/Guardian of a Kindergarten student, new to the district student, or didn't register for ParentSquare last year - You will be sent an invitation the week of August 14, 2023. If you have ParentSquare related questions, please email the ParentSquare Coordinator by clicking here.
Our transportation department is hard at work preparing for the 2023-2024 school year. If your student is new to the district or is new to needing transportation this school year, please call 269-781-1340. You will receive a call from the transportation department if your route times have changed from last school year.
In July of this year, the state of Michigan legislature passed a budget that provides free school meals for the 2023-2024 school year.
We are still encouraging families to fill out the free and reduced meal applications. They can be found by clicking here.
If your student has an outstanding balance from the 2022-2023 school year, please add funds to your account clicking here.
Charitable Union will be In our gym 8/8/23 and at MOHS 8/9/23 from 2 - 6 p.m. for their back to school clothing giveaway. (Please bring Parents' photo ID, Bridge, WIC, or Medicaid Info)